Monday, February 14, 2005

My first ride, eeeeeewwwwww

Tonight I took my bike for a ride... It was not pretty, I have to say. I am so out of shape. I am not sure how many miles I completed but I guess it would be around 3 miles... I went around the lake and came home. The worst part was the pain I felt in my feet and on my butt. I was not really tired and I actually made up to some small and short hills.
As soon as I got home I got some tools and lowered the seat since it was too high for me. I have heard that "bike fitting" was very important and I could experience in person and in practice. With the seat a lil lower I am expecting too decrease the butt and feet pain, hopefully...
The training today was very good cause it made me realize one important thing: I will need a lot of time "me and my bike", just getting acquainted and used to it. My sweet and wonderful cyclebuddy, Donn Mcknight used to say that better than long trining rides was the familiarity with your bike... Oh well, hopefully I will have enough "quality time" with my baby bike...
hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home