Thursday, February 10, 2005

Brazilian Helmet

The other day I decided to re-design my old bike helmet! From a white old fashioned worn out piece to a shiny green, yellow and blue, Brazilian flag shaped. It didn’t work. I had great expectations for it. I bought the "blue painter's tape", the spray paint, everything that I could possibly need. After taping the whole helmet I started painting one color at a time, one per day; first, the yellow triangle in the middle, then the blue semicircle in the front edge, then finally the green in the back. The colors looked great but when it was time to take the tape out, ewwwww, a big mess!!! The finish sucks. A lot of the paint seems to have gone under the “Blue painter's tape"… I am soooo frustrated. I will definitely give another shot and try to retouch, however, my experience tells me when one tries to “retouch” usually makes a bigger mess, and I don’t mean only when painting, if you know what I mean… I am one of those who believe that perfection is achieved in one try, the first try…Well, it was time to get a new helmet anyway…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home