Monday, February 07, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

Last night when I left the theater I struggled to find the right word to define the film. Many adjectives came to my mind; annoying, bothersome, strong, until I came up with DISTURBING! It has been a while since I have felt this way when leaving the movies. Not even Fahrenheit 911 made me feel that sad and frustrated, even though MDB was just a fiction, whereas F911 a reality. It is great portrait of reality, boxing and trashy people. Some of those human beings exist in fact and once they are in your life, they will “crap” all over it. Some people seem to be immune to these kinds of people; with their great judge of characters, they maintain distance and “protect themselves”. In the other hand, some people are naturally attracted to freaking low life, low character, motherf%$@# ‘s.
Even though I don’t consider myself good judge of character, I am lucky and intuitive. I believe I am one of those who stay away of trouble very well…
Anyway, Hillary Swank, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman are phenomenal in their holes. I am not surprised Hillary is winning all the awards. She is awesome! The writing is very efficient and it gets one involved with the characters which I believe is the formula for a successful film, being a drama, an adventure, a science fiction or a horror movie. I give this film an A-. Very worthy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home