Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mommy dearest

So last night I saw what it seems to be “a must see” in every American gay man “curriculum”; “Mommy dearest” tells the story of Joan Crawford through the perspective of her adopted daughter. Countless times I have heard friends quoting the film’s famous lines and didn’t understand why everybody would laugh about it. I guess the film is a classic, therefore it has its value but I have to admit I was a little bored with the plot saving some funny parts when a lunatic Joan (played by excellent Faye Dunaway) was beating up poor Christina. Poor??? Not really… I wonder if she was in fact that sweet and JC was that crazy… After all, spoiled kids can be devilish, and since it was the kid’s point of view… After watching the film I could understand why Joan Crawford is a big icon to the Gay community… I can see many “Joan Crawfords” snapping in West Hollywood, if you know what I mean…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home