Monday, July 25, 2005

Devil's Reject



Robie Zombie produced a very gruesome, erotic and raw film. I admire his courage. It is a very different horror film from the ones being done now. No special effects, nor lighting treatment. The grainy dirty film and the purposely tacky editing together with all the visual elements in the film makes you think that it was actually shot in the 70’s.
I really liked the characters. I mean, I didn’t like their personalities. They were intriguing, creepy and bizarre. The only small flaw I would point out is the lack of consistency on their twisted attitude when they turn from the position of the prayer to the pray. But that is all. I think it works for me as psychotic, F#cked up piece. I just want to stress that Sherri Moon Zombie, despite part of the twisted “Devil’s Rejects” ugly and filthy Gang, manages to maintain her gorgeous appeal. She is HOT! And FUNNY! It was important to have that feminine figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home