Friday, July 22, 2005

In a perfect world - The power to change

From this day on I will publish a series of “In a perfect world” articles. Those will be based on my own perspective of what would make the world a better place.

In a perfect world, in every family there should be a homosexual and a person with some certain disability. I believe that people would be more understanding and definitely less selfish.

Yesterday, in Iran, two kids were hanged because they were gay. The oldest one was 18 and the youngest, 16. They had been in jail for the past 14 months, and before being murdered they were lashed 228 times. That is such a creepy and horrific story. I spent most of my day depressed thinking about what kind of hypocrite and sadistic law condemns people to go through this suffering. How come nobody did anything? How come USA did not intervene? Don’t they always? I think if there is real EVIL on Earth that would be it.

I think because I am a gay person, I got more sensitive to this history. A part of me is very angry, and another part of me is feeling useless. I feel useless because I know I have no power to change anything. Because in order to make history, I would have to do something extremely bizarre, like bombing buildings and killing thousands of innocent people.
I would like to depart from this life knowing I did something, knowing I made a difference in this world. I don’t know how. I am tired of people joining causes to remedy a situation. The world needs a change of mentality rather than a medicine that will save some lucky ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home