Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Vulgarity is in the mind of the beholder...

I am tired of the promiscuity in the Gay Community. I am tired of people who makes of sex nothing but a way to release themselves. The expression "make love" has no meaning at all. Actually, I think if you say it in a sentence people will either laugh at you or not understand. I feel like I can't fit in. Don't get me wrong! I am no angel and I had my casual sex moments. Who hasn't??? My battle is not against casual sex. It's about the banalization of the act, it's about empty people whose lives revolve on F%cking. The more they do it, the more they want to do it AND the more it becomes disposable. It is just funny to see these people asking themselves why they don't have a boyfriend. It's all about self-respect and self-steam.
I am sure many people think I am prude. But hellloooo!!! I call it family values, romanticism, principles. You name it whatever you want, fucker!!! Yes, at this point in my life I am against open relationships, "play together", P&P, orgies or whatever "motion" that avoids emotion.
Validation is the name of the game. People need to feel desired and they think that having sex left and right will make them feel better. But guess what? when it's over, with no sentiment it feels pointless. It is like: "Who are you? What am I doing?". In the other hand, I can stress there is nothing better than sleeping hugging someone you love after sex. There is a feeling of security and completion.
On the same note, how can we ever fight for the right of marriage, affirm that our love is as legitimate as the love straight people feel ? When it seems like all gay relationships are destined to failure. How can we fight for the right of raising children when the "gay love" will end in a matter of time, or should I say a matter of a "nicer ass"? It seems like no gay person will ever be satisfied with having a monogamous relationship for good... They are so afraid of up's & downs, communication, commitment. That is so frustrating!
Don't get me wrong. If there is no more passion and love in a relationship, I will be the first one to support a separation, rather than staying together in a hypocrite unfaithful partnership portraying the kind of image that gays are promiscuous, deceitful, unloyal, unhealthy and disrespectful. I am for the one-on-one, for the search of love and romance, therefore I cannot support those who stay together for comfort either.
I would say there is a fine line between vulgarity versus sensuality; promiscuity versus frivolity ; libertinism versus liberalism. In my perspective, a person who can differ the first from the second is someone whorthy getting to know. Someone who understands myself and my convictions, therefore someone who deserves my respect.

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2004 at 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, nice blog. Usually, your point of view is interesting.

I do agree with you about vulgarity/promiscuity as a "horrid" behaviour pattern in gay community. Unfortunately, someone who seeks for "LTR" based on "old fashion" values, or even a special human beeing to share a life, may be seen as a lunatic. Very sad, meaningless, eh?

Nevertheless, hope's still a magic word.

Regards from your motherland,


Renato

 

Post a Comment

<< Home