Monday, October 18, 2004

Stem Cells

This weekend I was in San Diego with my "good friend" Randy and he asked me what I thought about Stem Cells. I felt stupid cause I didn't have any formed opinion...
Today, during my break at work I knew I had to find out something that would give me an idea of what Stem Cells were so that I would be able to develop some thought.
I found this awesome homepage that explains very basically what the Stem Cell Study is about. Here is the link: http://groups.msn.com/CellNEWS/faqwhatisstemcells.msnw
Now that I know a little bit about it, I want to say I am very supportive. Science has evolved and developed cures as much as diseases, therefore we cannot stop its "evolution". It's almost like a fight against itself. The more advanced technology and science are, the more damage and risks they bring to humanity... In my opinion, studies and researches are always welcome as long as they don't cause any harm to human beings and according to that article showed in the link above, it does not. In this case I hope the scientists keep the good work.

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2004 at 9:14 AM, Blogger Somah said...

Stem cell research is the only straw of hope on which many Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's patients hang. With Bush in office, advents in this crucial field will be slow at best. Science has always been slowed down if not crippled by religion and this case is no different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home