Monday, September 26, 2005

Own it!

Own Yourself
The other day I got a little upset with some friends from volleyball.
While researching for a player to add on to my team for Las Vegas
Tournament on Halloween weekend, I came across this email from a AA player
who was interested in joining us. After a little investigation with one
of these friends, we found out the guy in question was a great player
with a bitchy attitude. Since good attitude is a must (in my opinion, as
important as volleyball skills), I wrote back to him and decided to be
honest and open about what I had found out about him. I did not
rejected him, I just wanted to be opened about the issue and possibly get his
side of the story. When I told my friends what I have done, they
condemn my act, telling me it could have been rude.
My argument was: First: I was not calling him names, but instead I
brought up the repercussion of his attitude, which could be an eye-opener.
Second: If he is bitchy, pleaaaasse, he must know about it and should
own it, and accept the consequences for being that way!
I was very surprised with their comments! Something like: " Would you
like someone you didn't know to tell you are a b%tch. I would reply with
a F#ck you!" My reply was that I would definitely not like but rather
than be an a$$ about it I would worry and try to prove them wrong,
working carefully on my flaws.
I, myself, do not have the best attitude in the court. I can be a sore
loser sometimes, I can get mad easily and bring a negative vibe to the
rest of the team with my intensity too and I admit it. Oh! Cmon! I just
cannot think of someone that doesn't know about his own
instabilities... I know about mine and because of that I have been more tactful on the
court..
I hate fake moralists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home