Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bear Bar


Last Night I went out with Dave to Bear Bar at Club Ripples in Long beach.
I hadn't been there in a year probably. For my surprise they were celebrating three years. I remember when it first opened. I believe I was there.
Anyway, I had two Mojitos and this bitter drink this lesbian bartender prepared for me. I thought she was so exotic and beautiful and I decided to tell her. She didn't take it very well. I don't understand. I would be flattered. I think some people don't take compliments very well. Dave said that was probably not the right compliment and that I should have said "You look so butch" or "You are so masculine" instead.
Randy and I don't go out much, specially for clubbing, so that was a nice change. I enjoy the dancing and the eye candy. Moreover I like seeing the detail, how people act and react. I enjoy trying to figure out or make up a back story for each person.
Among several people I met that I had not seen in a while I also met my friends Johnny and Tito. Johnny and I have a big communication problem but we love each other either way. However I don't know if it is because of the whole language gap but we always end up having a falling out. Nothing serious. We just like pushing each other's buttons.
Johnny suggested that I was taking the opportunity that Randy was traveling to act like a whore on the club plus he kept on making fun of my accent. Of course I didn't take such insinuations well, but more than that, I couldn't let Johnny get away with it. Therefore, I went on to "best defense is offense" and here is what I said: "Johnny, the sad part is that tomorrow you will not remember any of this and then you will apologize for acting like an asshole, like a crying baby". He got a little offended and I felt GREAT! He accused me of being more and more like Tito, and I love that cause I see Tito as this wild, fearless, witty, strong minded person. I am innocent though and Tito is... What is the word for that? Caralho!!!! nao sei!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 8, 2007 at 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bear Club may have only been there for 3 years at Ripples, but I know John an Larry and Ripples has been open for at least 25 ++++ years. The lesbian was offended because they are a special breed of women and they want others to think how butch an masculine they are. They think they are more of a man than a man is. I would be very interested in knowing you better. I live in Riverside Co. near Palm Springs and if you are interested in knowing me better the door is open for a visit from you. I was raised in Long Beach and knew Ripples as the Oceania and other names. I hope you don't take this message as being bitchy I just wanted you to be sure about your facts. I am over 60 and love younger men, so please come out an visit me for a weekend, I would love your company and I to am a very romantic man with lots of passion and kissing. Friends, Daryl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home