Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Beach kicked my ass!!!



Most of people I saw got emotional, and so did I.
The next day I went to the beach for some volleyball and meet & greet. I was expecting to meet many people, many friends I had left behind.

Things were different even at the beach. Most of the guys I used to play with were either playing with different groups or had stopped going to the beach. I was able to reunite with a couple of them though. They were all very happy to see me and asked me questions about living in US and of course, the volleyball there in comparison with the one played in here.

I played with my brother, who has improved a lot since last time I have seen him playing. He matured and has become a coach. He has opened a nice beach volleyball school and has gethered more than 3 dozens of players, from little kids to old trolls.

My mother who watched our match thought Fred had not played his best, as if he was a little intimidated for playing with me, wanting to show how good he had become. One of the new guys who I had not seen before said `now I know with whom Fred learned how to play volleyball.` It felt good. We won our matches but I found myself in a horrible shape, breathing real hard. The beach kicked my ass and I promised the guys there I would be in a better shape by the time I left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home