Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hostel

Together with Hellbent this has got to be the worst film of the year… Wait a minute! Which year??? Okay! No need to fight for the spot of the worst of the year. Hellbent can be the worst of 2005 and Hostel will be the worst movie of 2006. I guarantee.

I had been excited about Hostel ever since it started advertising on TV and billboards, specially because Quentin Tarantino, who I absolutely worship, is one of the producers. The best I can say about Hostel is that I had some good laughs towards the end. Maybe if the whole movie was to be at that pace, making a parody of horror film situations it would be worthy the $8.50 matinee price.

The first half hour of the film shows these three stupid guys (two of them are Americans) traveling over Europe searching for hook-ups, drugs and alcohol. Hold on now. Who the hell goes on a trip to Europe and prioritize P&P over cultural activities? They just deserved to be tortured, I guess, hahaha
The secret for this film would be: 1 - less focus on sex; 2 - not take it so seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home