Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Cats, Dogs and Monkeys

This last week my cousin Christianne, who I love very
much was here in Los Angeles. She and her boyfriend,
Joshua, who is a California native were here for his
brother's wedding. I know most of americans don't know
how it is to have a family where your first, second
and even third degree cousins are very close to you
but in Brasil that is very commom. Back home every
birthday was a reason for everybody to get together.
We were all loud and fun, a truly zoo! I really miss
that party people!!! Cariocas!!!
Anyways, my cousin, who is 5 years older than me, is
one of the best persons I have ever met. I think
AWESOME is the word that best describe her, being this
way, she was the first person of my family who I came
out to. She immediately understood and told me that
she thought it was great that I had finally found my
way and that she worried about me not having
girlfriends back in Brasil. Not because of what people
would say but because love and passion are important
for someone to mature and find whatever is closer to
happiness...
When I took Chris to check out my volleyball group at
Los Angeles City College, she asked me if there was
anyone that I had stronger feelings for. Promptly I
told her that nobody was my type in there. She was
puzzled with that statement and obviously
unconfortable with my attitude. " What the hell are
you talking about? Type?? That is so ridiculous!" I
felt so embarrassed when she told me that. Then it
ocurred to me how I was so dragged into the AGS -
american gay system. I keep on wondering if it is too
late... I have not lived my "gayness" in Brasil enough
to say it is different from here. However, looking
back at my examples that were my sister and cousins,
all older than me, I can recollect that each one of
them had all kinds of boyfriends and girlfriends. I
remember we all discussing who was HOT, who was NICE,
who was CHARMING or SEXY, but I just cannot recall the
word TYPE being said.
Today, they are all married, some with kids, some not.
I am proud of them because they have found their
significant other who best complete them and I hope
one day I can follow...

1 Comments:

At September 10, 2004 at 2:56 PM, Blogger Somah said...

To me, the word "type" normally refers to the combination of things (not only physical) that makes someone attractive to me. So if you like, "smart, witty, carefree, tall and slender man," then your type is: smart, witty, carefree, tall and slender man! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home